Wednesday 10 August 2011

Japanese Ice Cream, Tokyo Street, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

While I was queuing up for the mochi, my boss got herself a cup of Japanese ice cream. The queue was pretty long here and I soon found out why. The ice cream is actually frozen and they have to put each serving in this machine that miraculously transforms the frozen ice cream into soft serve ice cream. Trust the Japanese to come up with these inventions. Well done but impractical as people have to wait 10-15 minutes just to get a small cup of ice cream.
Anyway, they have a pretty good selection of flavors here which I wondered why she didn't choose. Black sesame, macha (green tea), chocolate and the list goes on.
Wasabi (horse radish) was the chose one. Green in color and it just looked like ice cream. I was a little reluctant at first as I am not into the nose clearing effects of wasabi. 
Lord! It tasted pretty good. Smooth, soft, cold with the wasabi kick to spice things up. Not spicy and none of the nose clearing bit. It was not sweet but hell...how can wasabi be sweet but it was something new for the taste buds. I kinda liked it.


I apologize for the half eaten ice cream. She just couldn't wait!

Wasabi flavored ice cream. Little green in color served with a small piece of waffle. 
Price? RM 8.90 for a small cup. Well, who ever said Japanese stuff was cheap.


Quality? Good. Taste was pretty awesome considering this was not the normal flavor one would order.


Service? They better find a way to expedite their serving procedures. Takes just too damn long!! I just want my damn ice cream. Scoop it into the cup please!


Points - 2.5 (0.5 taken off for the slow service)

2 comments:

wenny said...

I'm sure it taste good ... try once the famous Hokkaido soft ice cream in BKK ...a bit expensive but taste good to me...

darthko said...

Yup it really does taste good. Hokkaido ice cream is very nice as they use top grade dairy products to make their ice cream. A little expensive but the quality compensates it all. I will go there again and try the other flavors soon.