Tuesday 9 August 2011

Angry Birds Birthday Cake (Fondant) - Homemade by Chef Sister

I never knew that my sister had any artistic talents till she started her fondant adventures a few years back. Actually she has always been baking since her uni days. (Kinda inherited this from my mum)
Anyway I had to post this up in support of her artistic talents or she might just disown me. Family rules right?









Although I love sweet stuff but I seriously reckon that fondant are not very nice to eat. They are great at making arty looking objects and decorating cakes but they sure do not taste very nice. Just sweet.

3 comments:

Penny said...

That is a brilliant Angry Birds cake! Like!!
But I do agree that fondant icing tastes horrible. It has to be very sweet to hold the shape. Fancy fondant cakes are for the photos only. For eating, I much prefer ganache or other soft icing, with less sugar.

darthko said...

Yup my sister's art work. Yes absolutely about the fondant. I prefer just the normal soft icing to give me my sugar rush!

wenny said...

this is so cute my son will make a huh-ha about it...thumbs up for your sis art...