Friday 5 August 2011

House of Bento, Food Court 4th Floor KLCC, Kuala Lumpur

I really do not know what to say about this place. It is called the House of Bento. Big name and big expectations! Ordered the most commonly ordered bento set which is the teriyaki bento box. It did come pretty fast, within 5 minutes, the box was ready. Price wise, cheap. RM13.90
For this posting, I will have to break it down using the photos taken as I am speechless about establishments like that.

With a name like House of Bento, you would expect their Bento to have a little class.


This bento is arranged in way that made me feel like I was in a factory canteen or some labor camp. Rice was not even served right. Rice in bento's are typically nice and compact within their "hole" and almost square all the time. Look closely and then you can also count the seaweed on top. 11 to be exact and yes I counted them! 

The only consolation for them is that the photos make their food look nice but..
Next comes the teriyaki chicken. My photo makes it look good but taste...it tasted nothing like teriyaki chicken. As a matter of fact, it tasted weird. It had this weird taste of soy sauce, sugar and tinge of expired bottled teriyaki sauce (bought from Jusco's sale?). It was terrible. Not only the chicken is dry, it was utterly nonsense!!!!!!! &*^%$#!


Then came the salad and mashed potato. Shredded lettuce in thousand island sauce? Mashed potato that tasted like the pre-pack ones you get at the supermarket? &^&^#@!!


Check out this pathetic looking piece of tofu. It is not even square. There is a missing bit of tofu. Two drops of sauce is all you get. This is meant to be cold tofu and it has to be served cold. (I understand that it's a food court and you can put this tiny piece on ice but have a little pride please!) In fact the tofu piece was so damn small, I forgot where it went when it got into my mouth!


Now last but not least, the miso soup. Can someone tell me what is wrong with the photo above? Are spring onions very expensive these days? As I always said, soup must be served hot. Not steaming hot but hot. Not warm, room temperature...it must be hot. Urgh!!!!


Verdict


STRIKE OUT!

1 comment:

Penny said...

Um... what do you expect for that price at KLCC.... The Bento place in the food court at the Gardens (possibly the same chain?) is also pretty shite.