Monday 22 August 2011

Home Made Foie Gras Claypot Rice, 鵝肝煲仔飯

It's been a long time since I cooked anything. I have been wanting to try this out since a few years ago. A good friend, Wilfred, taught me this but he used this special rice grain from the mountains of Mount Kinabalu. I had to make do with the rice I found at home. ( I reckon that using Japanese short grain rice would be perfect) Anyway, the joys of cooking at home is being flexible and using any ingredients you can find and just cook away.


1. Wash rice and rinse before cooking. Put rice in a small clay pot and cook over medium fire. Do not add to much water but not too little either or rice becomes too dry.

2. Cook over medium fire.

3. Once the rice is almost cooked (water has almost dried up) add in the pieces of foie gras on top of the rice and cover. Cook over small fire for another ten minutes. (You can also opt to add it other ingredients such as chinese sausages)

4. Cooking slowly over fire releases the oil from the foie gras, making it smell extremly good. 
I like the original taste of good rice without too much seasoning except for only the smell and the oil of the foie gras. Good and easy recipe for a light lunch or family.

No comments: